Wildlife Saftey Plan
- Contact with all wild animals is to be avoided. This is especially true of skunks, raccoons, and bats.
- Contact with stray dogs and cats should be avoided.
- It is the camp policy that NO food or garbage be left in the campsite overnight.
- food should be placed in the Leader’s car or taken to kitchen for storage.
- all garbage should be secured in the garbage shed before dark.
- Campers and staff will be instructed:
- do not attempt to capture or handle sick or orphaned wildlife.
- avoid animals acting in a strange or unusual manner.
- avoid and be suspicious of daytime activity in raccoons, skunks, or bats.
Report should be made to:
- Camp Director
- Camp Commissioner
- Program Director
- Camp Nurse
A copy of DEC handout will be given to all Leaders and Camp Staff.
Fact Sheets about Henderson Wildlife
Rabies Information (PDF)
Crumhorn Lake Fish List (PDF)
Mammals List (PDF)
Amphibians & Reptiles (PDF)
While you're in the area...
|Remember & Share Us|